Students Get Started
Students’ Step-by-Step Guide to the Contest
1 Pick a Topic
Make the connection between world population growth and ONE of the three global challenges
2 Research the Issue
Review the Background Reading associated with the topic and check out the Research Resources for additional sources.
3 Develop a Solution
Use the Sustainable Solution Organizer to guide your investigation of possible solutions. Be creative!
Before submitting your video use this checklist to make sure you have followed all the
rules and guidelines of the World of 7 Billion video contest.
- Title Screen including the Lead Producer’s name, School name, School city, state, Title of video, Total running time (not including the 10 second title screen)
- Does your video connect population to your global challenge?
- Does your video offer at least one sustainable solution?
- Is your video 60 seconds or less (not including the title screen)?
- Did you check for typos on any text that appears in your video?
- Did you check if the images you used are under copyright?
- Did you check if the music you used is royalty-free?
- Does your audio work?
- Did you keep a copy of the list of sources used in your video?
Contest organizers will contact you via email from
Worldof7Billion@populationconnection.org regarding your video’s status. Please be
sure to check your email account regularly in March-May 2019 to ensure you receive
updates about your video!